Friday, February 25, 2011

February 24 - 25

Judge for yourself:


We looked at her text.  It has only an introductory paragraph in Ukrainian, followed by 300 pages of readings and challenging questions on the geography and cultures of Canada, Australia, and East St. Louis.

Here we met the teacher's pet.




Ich war wieder krank. X2.

Now I am better.

While Pam, Anya, and Milana were taking a taxi to shop, Milana sat in the front seat so she could observe more closely and talk to the driver:

Milana: Is there a height requirement for getting a driver's license?

Driver: Don't worry, you will get taller.

Milana: I am 16. I am done.

Driver: What does your mama think of 10" platform shoes?

Since I wasn't there at McDonalds, the women felt free to talk.  I'll feel free to share.

Milana: Have you ever skinny-dipped, smoked, or made the biffy squirt at family reunions in Minnesota?

Pam:     When you take American government, you will learn about the 5th Amendment.

Milana: Hmmm...

Anya:   You see a lot of PDA here.  It is not good for boys and girls to ...

Milana: Then, Mom, why did you post that blog picture of you and Dad snogging on the escalator down to the metro?

Pam:     Let's change the subject.  We're going to the second-hand stores.  I saw some great deals there!

Milana: This is not going according to script.  I think I will have a hissy-fit now.


Like many novella historians, I have taken certain liberties with dialog.  Cross-examiners have asked, "Does Milana speak English?" Did she really say, "When I get to America, may I cruise the streets of Seward having fun, fun, fun til my daddy takes the T-Bird away?" or was it more like, "Когда я в Америку, я могу круиз улицах Сьюард весело, весело, весело Til мой папа принимает T-Bird прочь?"   

1 comment:

  1. And now I'm off to google "Biffy Squirt". I hope you're not sending me into trouble, Andy!

    ReplyDelete